Migrating to BL.INK? We've got you covered.
BL.INK has two methods available for migrating short links from other platforms. While both methods are relatively simple, the most difficult step of the process can be obtaining an export of your link data from the platform you’ll be leaving. Some of them make it easier than others, and the process is different for each platform.
If you're migrating from Bitly, Post, Shortswitch, and others, there are some steps to follow to obtain the export (outlined below). For other platforms, the process may vary but we will assist in any way we can to help you obtain your short link data. Once you have your data in hand, the migration can begin.
For migration there are two options:
If an import file is available, we recommend adding it directly to your BL.INK account through our import process. This way is quickest and gives you the most control over the import process.
If an import file is not available, BL.INK then utilizes our Auto-Migration Protocol - a unique functionality that will import your links in real-time from your account. To set up an auto-migration, please get in touch with us here.
What Happens Next?
- If you were able to export your existing links from your previous platform, 100% of your link are immediately available post-migration in BL.INK. You never lose control of your short domain.
- As the client, you control the DNS transition so that the official switch to BL.INK may be timed to align with your schedule. This ensures as little downtime as possible if any.
- BL.INK can monitor the client domain for any broken links following the transition so if there is a link that was omitted for any reason, it can be added immediately.
- The BL.INK API mirrors your existing core functionality so if there are any integrations, we can work with the client developers in advance to have the new API code updated to coincide with the transition.
- Lastly, while BL.INK is case insensitive by default, if your links require case sensitivity, that option is available.
The link migration process is very smooth with BL.INK, and we’re available to provide assistance at any point in the process. Have additional questions about migrating from another platform? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you promptly.