Migrating to BL.INK? We've got you covered.
Before getting started, it’s important to note that in order to migrate links to BL.INK, the links must have been created with a custom domain. If the links with the current platform were created on generic shared links, users will not be able to migrate the links to BL.INK. Users can create new links with the same destinations, but the short link will not be the same.
Note: if you’re new to BL.INK, check out this article for more helpful information on getting started.
BL.INK has two methods available for migrating short links from other platforms. While both methods are relatively simple, the most difficult step of the process can be obtaining an export of existing link data from the current platform. Some platforms make it easier than others, and the process is different for each.
When migrating from Bitly, Post, Shortswitch, or another platform, users must first obtain an export file. BL.INK will assist in any way possible so users can obtain the short link data. Once the data is obtained, the migration can begin. If an export file cannot be obtained, please see Option 2.
For migration, BL.INK offers two options:
Option 1: Importing Links with a .CSV File
If an import file is available, users can add it directly to the BL.INK account through the import process. This way is quickest and gives users the most control over the migration process.
Option 2: Auto-migration with BL.INK
If an import file is not available through the current platform, BL.INK can utilize an auto-migration protocol - a unique functionality that will import the existing links in real-time from the current account. To set up an auto-migration, please get in touch with us here.
- If the export of the existing links from the previous platform is possible, 100% of the links are immediately available post-import in the BL.INK dashboard. Users never lose control of the short domain.
- The owner of the domain controls the DNS transition so that the official switch to BL.INK may be timed to align with a schedule that works for you. This ensures as little downtime as possible if any at all.
- BL.INK can monitor the domain for any broken links following the transition. This way, if there is a link that was omitted for any reason, it can be added immediately.
- The BL.INK API mirrors the existing core functionality so if there are any integrations, we can work with the client developers in advance to have the new API code updated to coincide with the transition.
- Lastly, while BL.INK is case insensitive by default, if the links require case sensitivity, that option is available by request.
The link migration process is very smooth with BL.INK, and we’re available to provide assistance at any point in the process. Have additional questions about migrating from another platform? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you promptly.