If you registered a domain name through BL.INK, the domain will renew annually to maintain access for link creation and to keep existing links redirecting as expected.
For questions about the domain renewal process that are not addressed here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I renew my domain name?
To renew the domain, auto-renew must be enabled to ensure the domain name renews automatically at the time of the expiration and that users don’t risk losing the domain(s).
To set up auto-renew for the domain at BL.INK, log in to the BL.INK account, then click My Domains. Find the domain from the list. On the right-hand side, there is a column for Autorenew. Make sure the button is set to On.
How can I turn Autorenew on/off?
BL.INK offers automatic renewal for domains to make renewing easy for users. To manage automatic renewal settings, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the BL.INK account.
- Click My Domains.
- Find the domain. On the right-hand side, find the column for Autorenew. From here, toggle the button to On or Off.
What happens if I do not renew my domain name before it expires?
If the domain fails to renew before expiration, the domain will expire and a few things will happen within BL.INK:
- New links will no longer be able to be created links under this domain
- Any previously created links will no longer redirect
- Click data on links made with this domain will no longer be tracked
- Users will no longer have access to this domain and it will become generally available to be registered by someone else
Users may be able to regain access to the domain if:
- The domain is renewed within twenty-five (25) days of expiration
- After 25 days, the domain is re-registered, but only if it is still available to be registered.
BL.INK will store any previously captured link data, but the domain and links will no longer be active within BL.INK.
How do I update my payment settings?
To update payment settings, log in to the BL.INK account. From the Home page, click your name in the upper-righthand corner, then click My Account. On the My Account page, find the section in the upper right for Billing. Click Manage Billing.
Then select Payment Methods. From here, users can update existing payment methods or add a new payment method.
Who is Name.com and why are they sending me emails?
Name.com is the registrar that powers BL.INK’s domain name marketplace. ICANN, the international governing body of the domain name industry, requires registrars such as Name.com to alert domain registrants of impending domain renewals and domain expiration. This is to ensure transparency and access to domain registrants.
I didn’t mean to renew my domain name. Can I get a refund?
BL.INK can provide a refund for a domain name that was renewed within 5 days of the purchase. If the domain was renewed more than five days before requesting a refund, we’re unable to refund the domain, per ICANN’s regulations.