If you registered a domain name through BL.INK you will have to renew your domain name annually to maintain access to your domain.
If you have questions about the domain renewal process that are not addressed here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I renew my domain name?
To renew your domain, you’ll need to enable auto-renew to ensure the domain name renews automatically at the time of the expiration and that you don’t risk losing your domain.
To set up auto-renew for your domain at BL.INK, log in to your account, then click My Domains. Find the domain you wish to set auto-renew for. On the righthand side, you’ll see the column for Autorenew. Make sure the button is set to On.
How can I turn Autorenew on/off?
BL.INK offers automatic renewal for your domains to make renewing easy on you. To manage your automatic renewal settings, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your BL.INK account.
- Click My Domains.
- Find the domain you wish to change the settings for. On the righthand side, you’ll see a column for Autorenew. From here, you can toggle the button to On or Off.
What happens if I do not renew my domain name before it expires?
If you fail to renew your domain name before expiration, the domain will expire and a few things will happen within BL.INK:
- You will no longer be able to create links under this domain
- Any previously created links will no longer redirect
- Click data on links made with this domain will no longer be tracked
- You will no longer have access to this domain and it will become generally available to be registered by someone else
You may be able to regain access to your domain if:
- You renew your domain within twenty-five (25) days of expiration
- After 25 days, you re-register your domain, but only if it is still available to be registered.
BL.INK will store your previously captured link data, but your domain and links will no longer be active within BL.INK.
How do I update my payment settings?
To update your payment settings, log in to your BL.INK account. From the Home page, click your name in the upper righthand corner, then click My Account. On the My Account page, you’ll see a section in the upper right for Billing. Click Manage Billing.
Then select Payment Methods. From here, you can update existing payment methods or add a new payment method.
Who is Name.com and why are they sending me emails?
Name.com is the registrar that powers BL.INK’s domain name marketplace. ICANN, the international governing body of the domain name industry, requires registrars such as Name.com to alert domain registrants of impending domain renewals and domain expiration. This is to ensure transparency and access to domain registrants.
I didn’t mean to renew my domain name. Can I get a refund?
BL.INK can provide a refund for a domain name that was renewed within 5 days of the purchase. If the domain was renewed more than five days before requesting a refund, we’re unable to refund the domain, per ICANN’s regulations.