The Admin section of the BL.INK platform is your hub for managing users and assigning the right level of access to each user.
Adding a User in BL.INK
To add a new user in BL.INK, select Admin from the left navigation and then click Users. Click Add User in the upper right.
Here, you’ll fill in the following fields:
- User’s email address (what they’ll use to log in)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Time Zone
Then select the domains for which the user will have access to create links and analyze click data.
Finally, choose how frequently the user should receive email reports (they can change this later) and their default redirect type.
Note: The redirect option is for plans on SMB or higher. BL.INK’s default redirect type is 307 Temporary. For more information on choosing the right redirect type, click here.
Then click Save.
Once you have completed this, the new user will receive an email to confirm their account and set their password to log in to BL.INK.
Editing a User’s Account Details in BL.INK
To edit a user’s account details, navigate to Admin and then select Users. This will show you a list of all current users in your BL.INK account.
From here, you can lock or unlock an account, add or remove admin permissions, view a user’s account details or edit using the pencil icon on the right.
Note: Adding admin access from this page gives a user full permissions on the account to edit account details, user information, etc.
The edit button will allow you to edit details like the user’s email address, first and last name, time zone, password, assigned domains, email preferences, and default redirect type.
User Permissions in BL.INK
There are four types of user accounts in BL.INK:
- A regular user can create links and view traffic analytics for their user account only.
- A reporting admin can create links, and view all of the links and stats of all users on the account (but not make any edits or changes on non-owned links). If your organization has whitelisting enabled, reporting administrators can also approve whitelisting requests.
- An account admin has master access to all features, including creating links, the ability to view and edit links and view analytics for all users on the account, and adding or editing the users on the account.
Note: The owner of the account is an account administrator by default.
- A domain admin is similar to an account admin, however, they only have access to manage a specific domain. This is useful if you have different departments or brands that need full autonomy over their individual domains without access to other domains within the same instance.
To manage permissions for the users in your BL.INK account, navigate to Admin on the left and select Access & Roles. Your users will appear here, and you can set permissions. Make sure to save your changes by clicking the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Tip: Check back regularly to make sure your user list and permissions settings still reflect your current team.
Can I share my BL.INK Stats With a Non-BL.INK User?
By design, our stats are secure and you must login to view them. You could create a "read-only” account, however, they would then have access to view the stats for all of your links.
You could use our API to retrieve the stats. If you're in need of a regular reporting solution, contact us and we'll determine the best option for your use case.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.