The Admin section of the BL.INK platform is the hub for managing users and assigning the right level of access to each user.
Adding a User in BL.INK
To add a new user in BL.INK, select Admin from the left navigation and then click Users. Click Add User in the upper right.
Fill in the following fields:
- User’s email address (what the user will use to log in)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Time Zone
Then select the domains for which the user will have access to create links and analyze click data.
Note: To change the level of access for each domain, this may be done in the Access & Roles section within the Admin area.
Finally, choose how frequently the user should receive email reports (they can change this later) and their default redirect type.
Note: The redirect option is for plans on SMB or higher. BL.INK’s default redirect type is 307 Temporary. For more information on choosing the right redirect type, click here.
Then click Save.
Once saved, the new user will receive an email to confirm their account and set their password to log in to BL.INK.
Editing a User’s Account Details in BL.INK
To edit a user’s account details, navigate to Admin and then select Users. This will show a list of all current users in the BL.INK account.
From here, users can lock or unlock an account, add or remove admin permissions, view a user’s account details or edit using the pencil icon on the right.
Note: Adding admin access from this page gives a user full permissions on the account to edit account details, user information, etc.
The edit button will allow an admin to edit details like the user’s email address, first and last name, time zone, password, assigned domains, email preferences , and default redirect type.
Access & Roles
To manage permissions for the users in the BL.INK account, navigate to Admin on the left, and select Access & Roles. All users will appear here, and an admin can set permissions. Make sure to save the changes by clicking the Save button at the bottom of the page.
There are four types of admin/user levels in BL.INK:
- A regular user can create links and view traffic analytics for their user account only.
- A reporting admin can create links, and view all of the links and stats of all users on the account (but not make any edits or changes on non-owned links). If the organization has whitelisting enabled, reporting administrators can also approve whitelisting requests.
- An account admin has master access to all features, including creating links, the ability to view and edit links and view analytics for all users on the account, and adding or editing the users on the account.
- A domain admin is similar to an account admin, however they only have access to manage a specific domain. This is useful if there are different departments or brands that need full autonomy over their individual domains without access to other domains within the same instance.
Note: The owner of the account is an account administrator by default.
Tip: Check back regularly to make sure the user list and permissions settings still reflect the current team.
Can I share my BL.INK Stats With a Non-BL.INK User?
By design, our stats are secure and users must login to view them. Users may create a "read-only” account, however, they would then have access to view the stats for all of the links.
Users may use our API to retrieve the stats. If you're in need of a regular reporting solution, contact us and we'll recommend the best option for your use case.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.